How to create a new resume with my account
In this tutorial we will explain how to create a variation of your resume. This is one of our new features and is highly valued by our cvonline.me candidates, as it allows you to personalize your applications by creating specific resumes for each one.
- Access your onlineresume.us dashboard by logging into your account with your email and password. If you do not remember your password, you can always recover it.
- Once you have logged into your account, you will see a tab that says “General” above the “Edit My Account” button. This is because your general resume is currently selected. In order to create another version of your resume, you must click on the “General” tab.
- A drop-down menu with all of your resume versions will appear as well as the option to create more variations. In this case, you will click on the ‘+ Create New Resume’ button.
- The “Create New Resume” page will appear and you will be asked to provide the following information:
- New Resume Name is an internal name that will be used to identify your resume within your onlineresume.us account.
- Copy content from another resume that you have previously created on cvonline. If it is your first time creating another resume, you will only be able to select your General resume as a base.
- New Resume Language refers to the language in which your new resume will be written.
- Resume Profile Picture, allows you to use a profile picture or, if you prefer, you can decide to opt out of using a photo for this resume. (This does not affect your other resumes).
- New Resume URL is the internet link by which one may access your resume.
- If you see an informational message that says that you must upgrade your account to be able to create another version of your resume, follow these instructions.
- After filling out this information, click ‘Create New Resume’ and a new resume will instantly be created.
- Once created, this new resume will be the one selected, thus all the changes made will only be applied to this new resume, not to your General resume or any of the other versions. Modify, erase, or add anything that you want. If the objective of this second resume is to have the same resume, but in another language, you will have to translate it to the desired language.
Why should I use multiple resumes?
Here are some useful ideas about how creating multiple resumes will help you be more precise in your job search:
- Create a specific resume for each job position to which you are applying in order to better catch recruiters’ attention. In this way, your resume will be more specific to this particular job position and thus appeal to employers. Read the requirements and job tasks of the position to which you are applying, very closely. When writing your resume, be sure to add why you meet all of the job requirements as well as the goals that you have for being able to achieve all of the position’s tasks. You can do this by adding additional sections.
- Include a specific section in each of your resumes where you can briefly explain why you would make a difference at this specific company. Do some research about the company and the position that you are applying for. Do you think that they could improve their performance, processes, or efficiency? By creating a resume for each specific job position that you are applying for, you can create a specific section detailing your point of view on their current status and how you can help them improve.
- If you are looking for jobs in various areas of employment and they are not related to each other, we recommend that you create a different resume for each specific area. You should not use the same resume for various fields of employment, as your previous experiences listed may not actually relate to the job at hand. Thus, you can create multiple resumes and include only the professional experiences, abilities, and education related to the specific field of work to which each resume is directed.
- Create a resume in another language. Learn how to do it here.
How many resumes can I create?
You can create as many resumes as you need, but in order to create more than 1 version of your resume you will have to upgrade your account. The cost of the account in which you can create more than 1 resume is $9.99 USD per year.