How to Activate or Deactivate Your Photo on Your Online Resume and How to Change it
The PDF Resumes that you will create at onlineresume.us won't include a profile picture under any circumstances since it's the law in the United States, however the online resume can include your profile picture, here you will find how to activate, deactivate or change your profile picture for the online resume.
Instructions to Activate or Deactivate Your Photo on Your Online Resume
- Access your onlineresume.us dashboard by logging into your account with your email and password. If you do not remember your password, you can always recover it.
- Once you have logged into your account, select the “Edit Resume” in the left-hand menu.
- Select, “Personal Contact Information” from the drop-down menu.
- Below the “Personal Information” section, you will see an option to activate or deactivate your resume profile picture:
- Your resume photo is activated by default. To deactivate it, drag the button to the left.
- If you deactivate the resume profile picture, the photo that appears on your account will be ignored and will not appear in your online or PDF resume
Instructions to Change Your Resume Profile Picture:
- After following the previous instructions in order to activate your online resume profile picture, select the “Edit My Account” option in the left-hand menu.
- By default, the Profile Settings tab will appear.
- Here, click on the current photo (if you did not upload a photo during the registration process, the onlineresume.us logo will appear).
- Once you have clicked on the current photo, you should see this:
- Click on the “Change Picture” option and select a photo from your desktop or computer. (Below these instructions, we list some of the format characteristics that your resume photo should contain).
- Once you have selected the image, click the blue checkmark.
- Don’t forget to click the blue “ Save” button at the bottom of the tab.
If you visit your online resume after following these steps and still see your old picture, it must be because your old image is cached within the web browser. In order to see the new photo, clear your browser’s cache by following these instructions.
If you still see your old resume photo after clearing your browser’s cache, send us an email at email@example.com
What size should my resume photo be?
The size of your resume photo does not matter, as long as it does not exceed 2MB, but it must be a .jpg or .png file and should be rectangular. In other words, it must have the same number of pixels for the length and height.
There are countries where including a photo in your resume is not recommended, as many companies have a policy that requires them to automatically eliminate any applicant that includes a photo in their resume. This is to help prevent the company from incurring a penalty for discrimination based on sex, race, religion, or appearance. For example, this policy is very common in the United States of America.
In this case, you can keep your photo in your online resume, but should never use it in your PDF resume. In order to do this, you should upload your own PDF resume to your onlineresume.us account, as deactivating the resume photo through the previously explained process will deactivate both your online and PDF resume photo.