How to Create a Resume in Another Language
In this tutorial, we explain how to create a resume in a language different from the one you used to create your original resume. This is one of our new features and it is highly valued by our cvonline.me users, as it allows you to personalize your applications by creating specialized resumes for each one.
- Access your onlineresume.us dashboard by logging into your account with your email and password. If you do not remember your password, you can always recover it.
- Once you have logged into your account, you will see a tab that says “General” above the “Edit My Account” button. This is because your general resume is currently selected. In order to create another version of your resume, you must click on the “General” tab.
- A drop-down menu with all of your resume versions will appear as well as the option to create more variations. In this case, you will click on the ‘+ Create New Resume’ button.
- The “Create New Resume” page will appear and you will be asked to provide the following information:
- New Resume Name is an internal name that will be used to identify your resume within your onlineresume.us account.
- Copy content from another resume that you have previously created on cvonline. If it is your first time creating another resume, you will only be able to select your General resume as a base.
- In “New Resume Language,” select the language of your new resume. This will change the headings and section names (ie: Work Experience, Languages, Education), but it will not change the content of the resume. You will have to do this manually.
- Resume Profile Picture, allows you to use a profile picture or, if you prefer, you can decide to opt out of using a photo for this resume. (This does not affect your other resumes).
- New Resume URL is the internet link by which one may access your resume.
- If you see an informational message that says that you must upgrade your account to be able to create another version of your resume, follow these instructions.
- After filling out this information, click ‘Create New Resume’ and a new resume will instantly be created.
- Once created, this new resume will be the one selected, thus all the changes made will only be applied to this new resume, not to your General resume or any of the other versions. Modify, erase, or add anything that you want. If the objective of this second resume is to have the same resume, but in another language, you will have to translate it to the desired language.
- Now, go to each of the subsections under “Edit My Resume” and one by one, edit your content substituting the current texts for texts in the language of your new resume.
- Don’t forget to save the changes in each of these sections